welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of Meeting 8th Jan 2013

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 8th Jan 2013 7pm Jan 13

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair Councillors Taylor (PT) Allen (NA) Brown (GB) Potter (AP) Jackson (RJ) Bebb (TB) M Davies (MD)
D Leeson (clerk)

+ 1 resident

1/ Open Forum

Police report from PC Somerfield available from Clerk. No major incidents,
Resident asked if there is to be a Farmers Market this year and it was confirmed they are to continue. Clerk to put dates on website when supplied by GB. It was also asked if there had been a letter to the Home Sec re Police Commissioner and Clerk said he had yet to write to to ongoing newspaper reports and information he would do so from this meeting.
(Act Clerk)

2/ Apologies

Councillor A Davies work commitments

3/ Dispensations

None TB declared interests as S Council and Mary Webb & Minsterley Schools and GR did so for S, Council and Minsterley School

4/ Confirmation of minutes Oct Meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Pro TB Sec GR

It was stated by PT that the large bin at the cemetery was missing. G Rogers to contact S. Council waste mgmt. (Act GR)

5/ Parish Property
a) Square

The move of one of the benches to Jubilee Garden was still in progress. The litter bin near the War memorial had gone missing. S.Council to be asked for a replacement.
(Act Clerk)

b) Playing field

Rental not received from Minsterley Rgrs clerk to pursue.
Grass on verge on Callow Cres leading to playing field needs cutting this is S. Council land. Clerk to contact Zoe Mortimer any problems TB to be informed.
(Act Clerk)

c) Street lights

A number of NWP lights needed attention although some issues had been addressed
i/ pine cres/hawthorn rd on all day
ii/ broom dr turning area not on
iii/ Path to Longleat from parish hall
Highway light on drive to New house farm is out the light has school sign on it
(Act Clerk )

d) Play areas

The safety inspection has been done and report awaited.
The urgent issue with a D ring and pin on one of the swings had been repaired by NA as R Parry did not have the required part and it was to take a while to source a replacement.

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways

Pot holes reported by GB had been repaired in good time
The grate/drain cover between horsebridge farm and ~1 horsebridge had not been replaced. Clerk to report and ask for S.Council to contact GB or PT.
Mr Bill had reported about the condition of the road but TB said was to be re-instated with the post flood actions at the Grove
The bus stop near Rea Valley meats still had standing water after the resurfacing
There is a flooding issue with drainage at the corner by Minsterley Park
Both the warning triangles for the mini roundabout by the vets were on all day.
(Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths

The footpath outside Barytes cottage was still obstructed by vegetation. Clerk to write to S.Council and issues to inform TB
(Act Clerk)

c) Flooding

A Keyland had met NA about the flood at Plox Green and was hoping to remedy
TB advised of actions proposed by S.Council to help with the Grove. Discussion of issues and potential remedies. TB to keep pressure up for improvements, GR expressed concerns if no actions taken, Flood insurance meeting on 24th Jan details on website.

7/ Planning

No applications but permission granted under condition for hairdresser in Park Meadow
(Act Clerk)

8/Payments to be made

i/ NWP for light maint Oct to Dec 547.20 cheque 532

Agreed payment Pro TB sec GR


Discussion of precept requirement, agrred to ask for total of 15,500

10/ Clerk

From 10th Jan D Leeson to be Temp paid clerk as per agreed contract Pro TB Sec GR

11/ Corres not done earlier

Letter from severn hospice asking for donation, Clerk to write outlining policy re public money


TB asked that we write to Muller foods welcoming their take over of the creamery.
TB asked that we write to former Chair Mrs Evans on the death of her husband,

Meeting ended 20:40 next meeting 12th Feb

Signed as true by Chair



Back to the main Meetings Page