welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 6th Feb 2018

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 6th Feb 2018 7 pm Feb 18

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Allen (NA) Brown (GB) Hignett (NH) Lockwood (SL) Jackson (RJ)

D Leeson (clerk)

1/ Open Forum

Police report 29 calls for assistance, 8 ASB, 5 RTA, 1 arson(hall farm,) & 1 suicide. Some confidential issues had been passed on to councillors. Crime remains ow.

2/ Apologies
MD, BB, AP, ill

3/ Dispensations/Interests
GB Parish Hall RJ Church

4/ Minutes of Jan 18 meeting & matters arising
Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by all sec all

5/ Parish Property
a) Square

b) Playing field
T Bishton will sort fencing.
Monies o/s from football, clerk to persue.

c) Street lights

Parish Light 13 outside 15 Pine cres out to be replaced by LED.
1 highway light at Little Minsterley as you enter from Pontesbury, S Council highway lights but not fixed after 4 months Clerk to write again.
2 lights at Hogarth close, and on Habberley rd to be fixed by Sevenside but not done yet Clerk to write again.
(Act Clerk)

d) Footpaths
Dog fouling seems to be on increase, after discussion Clerk to write to J Salisbury and ask for assistance and update website

e) Play areas
Black pour problem will be looked at by NA and then clerk will organse safety insp.

f) De Fib
A new unit has been installed after an error. Clerk has put info in mag and website and is in process of leafletting.

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
Discussion about lack of response to issues, Clerk write to head of Council with details and ask if he wants P.C. to carry on reporting or not.
Clerk updated on his requests for info from Co-Op on safety ongoing.
(Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths

c) Other Sc items - Flooding
There may be some academic courses looking into the Rea Valley drainage. Flood forum was waiting info on heavy metals.
Horsebridge rd closed 3 April WPD.

7/ Planning
18/00052/VAR opening times at Co Op no objection

8/Payments to be made

i/ S Council street light energy 3rd QTR 1012.42 chq no 782
ii/ Potters Electrical street light replace LED (CIL) 576 chq no 783
Bank statement 35,674.29 noted by Chair
Is there any Sect 106/CIL for Linden fields?
Can we use CIL pot at SC for LED street light change?

10/ GB update
Cllr Brown gave update on P Hall poss requirement to update CCTV
New sculpture at Comminity lib Pontesbury
Flood action plan update

Next meeting Tues 13/3/18
Meeting ended 20:35

Signed as true by Chair 13/3/2018


Back to the main Meetings Page