welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 9th Jan 2018

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 9th Jan 2018 7 pm Jan 18

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Allen (NA) Bill (BB) Brown (GB) Hignett (NH) Lockwood (SL) Jackson (RJ) Potter (AP)

D Leeson (clerk) & D Jones

1/ Open Forum
Chair welcomed everyone and passed on best wishes.
Mr D Jones gave some information around flooding issues he has been working on especially to the Minsterley brook and the brook at Little Minsterley. Some work has been carried out by contractors for Bovale(now Willsgrove). The creamery still have a licence to extract water from the brook.The fire service have undertaken to ensure the brook on their property is looked after but some debate with the contract out to Shropshire council for this.
Police report 5 Crime, 8 ASB, 5 RTA(1 fatal) 2 speed complaints & 3 incidents. Some confidential issues had been passed on to councillors. from P.C, R Cookson.

2/ Apologies
MD Vacation

3/ Dispensations/Interests
GB Parish Hall RJ Church

4/ Minutes of Nov 17 meeting & matters arising
Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by GB sec all
SL asked for update on Safer rds ptnrship but clerk had not heard he will persue

5/ Parish Property
a) Square
NTR

b) Playing field
A Yapp has not put rail up T Bishton to be asked to look at.
c) Street lights

NH pointed out that all SOXX lighting would be obsolete by 2020 and we need to move to LEDs. There is a programme in place for this and nearly 10% are LED
Parish Light 64 outside 19 Willow Pk out to be replaced by LED.
1 highway light at Little Minsterley as you enter from Pontesbury, by the bus stop has been passed to S Council highway lights but not fixed after 3 months.
2 lights at Hogarth close, and on Habberley rd to be fixed by Sevenside but not done yet.
(Act Clerk)

d) Footpaths
NTR.

e) Play areas
Black pour problem will be looked at by NA as he now has required equip.
Bin repaired.

f) De Fib
To be checked by Clerk in daylight. Notice on website and on notice board with code. Clerk to put in Parish Mag. Also look into leafletting and further training.

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
Discussion about lack of response to issues, Clerk to copy NH into any reports he sends.
Concern from resident about speed and dog fouling, discussion of issues, could we ask all to consider actions on litter, Clerk to put notice on website and Parish mag.
Concern about traffic at Co-op and immediate area. This has led to a death. Can the Co-op H.O. be contacted for a H&S visit about their site. Can Highways be informed of our concerns.
There is a drain blocked at Waterwheel on a488 and bottom of hope valley causing flooding.
Also a drain is full outside the church in village centre
Hedge at Grove is owned by S Council and is over growing into the road still.
(Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
No site visit for seat between villages.
There is an issue with cyclist using footway outside houses of little Minsterley. Can a sign be put up to deter by the milk churns.
The litter bin at co-op needs a clean

c) Other Sc items - Flooding
Discussed in Open forum. Query over possible samples Clerk to research Next meeting 18th Jan.
Chair & SL had attended a forum for Parishes re Shropshire planning. Over 10k increase in housing to be found. No site allocations as yet. Minsterley to be a stand alone hub no longer a market town.
LJC GB gave a report on youth commissioning 135k for 2018.
NH gave a report on SC activities, clerk to put on website about airband broadband provision.

7/ Planning
None

8/Payments to be made
The following payments were made as outstanding at the cancelled Dec meeting under Clerks Exec powers and RFO, agreed with Chair and signed and paid to keep the council legal:-
i/ Clerks net pay 648 chq no 774
ii/ Clerks HMRC payment 432 chq no 775
iii/ S Pryce cleaning contract 845 chq no 776
iiii/ Clerk 3 month expenses 113.94 chq no 777
v/ Potters street light repairs 288 chq no 778
vi/ P Stealey repair to litter bin 20 chq no 779
Payments due this Month are
vii/ Minsterley Parish Hall flood meet 18th 14.00 chq no 780
viii/ Shropshire Council contribution to Youth services 1600.00 chq no 781

9/Corres
Clerk advised of various corres he had received

Next meeting a week early Tues 6/2/18
Meeting ended 21:05

Signed as true by Chair 6/2/2018

 

Back to the main Meetings Page