welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 14th Nov 2017

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 14th Nov 2017 7 pm Nov 17

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Allen (NA) Bill (BB) Brown (GB) Hignett (NH) Lockwood (SL) Jackson (RJ) Potter (AP)

D Leeson (clerk) & R Burdekin D Jones & S Pryce.

1/ Open Forum
R Burdekin went over new open access policy for the De Fib.Code available and notice to be displayed on notice board. Note of security issue and BHF will fund replacement if there is an issue. The P.Council will include an action to check. Clerk will look into a leaflet drop and set up further training in new year.
Mr D Jones gave some information around flooding issues he has been researching. Any new developments should be escalated to Flood Forum.
He said there should be concerns about no fencing of brook at the race.
Police report 8 ASB, 1 Crim damage. New P.C, R Cookson.

2/ Apologies
MD ill

3/ Dispensations/Interests
GB Parish Hall RJ Church

4/ Minutes of Oct 17 meeting & matters arising
Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by GB sec all
SL asked for update on trees available, was decided to wait til Nov 18.

5/ Parish Property
a) Square
Thanks to S Pryce for preparing square for remembrance, Daff planting done by Tony Bishton.

b) Playing field
A Yapp has not put rail up as yet to be contacted again.

c) Street lights
Parish Light 59 on Leigh opposite Park Meadow out to be replaced by LED.
1 highway light at Little Minsterley as you enter from Pontesbury, by the bus stop
2 lights poss sevenside at Hogarth close, and on Habberley rd.
(Act Clerk)

d) Footpaths
NTR.

e) Play areas
Black pour problem still ongoing, further sign to be put up.
New bin insert required.

f) De Fib
PC to adopt and Clerk to leaflet and arrange training.

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
Ongoing issue on Horsebridge rd with leaking and pot hole is worsening and a further pot hole near Brynteg.Litter bins at Co-op still have paint that we are unable to remove.
Safer roads partnership have obtained data have not given us update.
Hedge at Grove is overgrown R Parry informed as agent of C Evans.
(Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
No site visit for seat between villages.

c) Flooding
Discussed in Open forum. Query re ditch to rear Little Minsterley. Next meeting Dec.
LJC - future is in doubt

7/ Planning
None

Discussion of requirements for Shropshire Dev plan to be advised by 22 Dec.
1/ Ensure Development boundary continues
2/ New School
3/ Upgrade drainage/waste
4/ Upgrade roads
5/ Changing rooms at playing field in any new development.
6/ Consideration of careful development of housing not above current plans as sites have already been approved and not utilised.
7/ To get sites approved built.
8/ Resolution of flooding issues.
9/ Any development on Leigh rd?Horsebridge rd to have a traffic development plan to keep traffic away from village centre as congested and dangerous.

8/Payments to be made
i/ Minsterley P Hall hire for flood forum 14.00 chq no 771
ii/ RBL for remembrance wreath 30.00 chq no 772
iii/ T Bishton gardening services 880.00 chq no 773

Bank statement 40553.23 noted by chair 1 chq no 770 not presented

Council asked to consider budget requirements for 2018-19,
:Poss requirement for CIL to flood issues
:GB raised issue of youth provision.
Council voted to increase precept by 1000 to 18500 to cover perceived increase in expenditure.

9/Corres
Shropshire Way now online

10/ Clerk asked for an early Feb meeting as on holiday - agreed 5/2/18.


Meeting ended 21:10

Signed as true by Chair 12/12/2017

 

Back to the main Meetings Page