welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 13th June 2017

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 13th June 2017 7 pm June 17

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Potter (AP) Allen (NA) Bill (BB) Brown (GB) Lockwood (SL) Hignet (NH)

D Leeson (clerk) & 1 member of public.

1/ Open Forum
P.C. had supplied a report, 4 ASB 1 non-payt of taxi, 1 Burglary, theft from outbuilding. these are all in hand. Police ask for vigilance of outbuildings and secure your home.
GB and Mr D Jones gave details of flood forum meeting 5th June they had attended. There was a discussion of issues and response by stakeholders around Minsterley Brook. Thanks expressed to Mr D Jones for his interest in this matter.

2/ Apologies
M Davies business, R Jackson church meeting.

3/ Dispensations/Interests
GR School, GB Parish Hall

4/ Minutes of May 17 meeting & matters arising
Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by all sec all

5/ Parish Property
a) Square
There are some wooden railings missing on the fence between Barytes cottage and the bridge to Hall Cottage. Highways to be informed.
Tony Bishton has done repair of urinal surround.

b) Playing field
Rounders team are still to submit fee.
Untaxed Cars on road to playing field have been pointed out to people responsible.
There are some mini motorbikes using the field. They are illegal. Police to be informed
The fence at the orchid meadow end has been cut. A Yapp to be asked to put railings up
There are some Vole holes under large Oak tree. T Bishton to be asked to fill and also fill in gap in post holders (Act Clerk)

c) Street lights
No 67 light just after Brookside going out of village near 30 mph is covered in ivy and has no power. WPD to be inf. (Act Clerk)

d) Footpaths
Wagbeach sign obscured by vegetation Tony Bishton to be asked to clear
Event signs taken down by GR Town Council & SC to be appraised of issue.

e) Play areas
Basket swing seats replaced by NA. He will look into repair of wet pour as per Safety report. Clerk will order new signs as per safety report so we donít have to replace current signage. Area could do with a brush (Act NA & Clerk)

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
All issues raised are being looked into.
There was a discussion about speeding and lights signage. The Police and Highways have not been able to offer a solution. Highways actively discouraged the installation of VAS.
The Police suggest we try safer road partnership.
SL and NH to approach R Evans about Longdon solution.
NH to enquire about a GATSO as this was deemed only real cure.
(Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
Residents have asked about lights and bench on Pontesbury footpath. Possible share with Pontesbury if location could be found for a bench, any lighting would have to be installed by SC as it is a highway.

c) DFib
6 volunteers names passed to R Burdekin. He has emailed to say he wants Clerk to organise meet. (Act Clerk)

d/ Flooding
After 5th June meeting it was decided to approach Halls who are selling land either side of brook to ensure any developers are aware that they have a responsibility to look after brook. Any development would have to include repair/restoration of brooks banks and bed as riperion owners, Copy to I Kilby (Act Clerk)

7/ Planning

8/Payments to be made

i/ Sutcliffe Play swing seat replace £369.60 chq no 750
ii/ Clerks Pay 1st QTR 17/18 £576 chq no 751
iii/ HMRC Clerks PAYE 1st QTR 17/18 £384 chq no 752
iiii/ Clerks agreed exp 1st QTR 17/18 £120 chq no 753
v/ S Pryce contract cleaning 1st QTR 17/18 £845 chq no 754
vi/ Minsterley Parish Hall hire for flood meeting £15 chq no 755
vii/ Tony Bishton garden services planting/works £755 chq no 756

Bank statement £ 48489.63 noted by chair
VAT rebate received and £250 sponsor of roundabout planting.


Mail from S King about art installation, looking for support? Unsure what?
Mail about closure of Horsebridge rd July 10 to 11 Aug

AOB Ė NH gave out some copies of Pontesbury PC info on Poles Coppice.

Meeting ended 21:00

Signed as true by Chair 11/07/2017


Back to the main Meetings Page